In pursuance to the 39th Council meeting held on 14th March 2020 to enhance the facilities at GST portal and giving ready-made ITC statement to the taxpayers to file GSTR-3B, GSTN has launched GSTR-2B at the GST Portal.
A new statement all together has come out as GSTR 2B, data of which would be auto-populated in Table 4 of GSTR 3B.
- About GSTR – 2B
It is an auto-drafted ITC statement which will be generated for every registered person (other than composition dealer) based on the information furnished by his suppliers in following GST Returns.
- GSTR-1 (Regular taxpayers),
- GSTR-5 (non-resident taxable person) and
- GSTR-6 (Input service distributors).
- Cut- off
It is a static statement and will be made available once a month on the 12th of the month succeeding the month for which the statement is being generated.
E.g.For the month ofJuly 2020, the statement will be pre-generated on 12th August 2020. This means the data will beconsidered, the documents filed by suppliers in their GSTR-1, 5 and 6 from 00:00 hours on 12th July 2020 to 23:59 hours on 11th August 2020. Form GSTR-2B will not be updated for oldermonths. It will be generated henceforth only.
- Insides of GSTR-2B
- Details of invoices, debit notes & credit notes including amendments, if any, from
- B2B suppliers
- Input Service Distributor
- Non-resident Taxpayers
- Details of Bill of Entries on account of import of goods from outside India or SEZ Unit/Developer from ICEGATE system.
- The above details appearing in GSTR-2B would be bifurcated in two parts in summary form as well document level form:
- Documents on which ITC is available
- Documents on which ITC not available. Following possible reasons:
- Invoice or debit note where the recipient is not entitled to input tax credit as per section 16(4) of CGST Act, 2017
- Invoice or debit note where the supplier (GSTIN) and place of supply are in the same state while the recipient is in another state
- Any other scenario as mentioned in the GSTR-2B.
- Comparison B/W Auto-populated GSTR 2A and GSTR 2B
|Kind of Statement||Progressive, as this changes from day to day, as and if the supplier uploads the documents.||Remains static or constant, as the GSTR-2B for one month cannot modify based on future operations of the supplier.|
|Accessibility of Frequency||Monthly||Monthly|
|Information Source||GSTR-1, GSTR-5, GSTR-6, GSTR-7, GSTR-8||GSTR-1, GSTR-5, GSTR-6, ICEGATE system|
|Input Tax Credit on Import of Goods||Does not carry these facts||Accommodates ITC on import of goods as obtained from ICEGATE system (available from GSTR-2B of August 2020 onwards)|
This content is meant for information only and should not be considered as an advice or legal opinion, or otherwise. AKGVG & Associates does not intend to advertise its services through this.
CA Tarun Kapoor
AKGVG & Associates